Here are two random facts about myself:
- I love cheese. I love it on pizza, on pasta, in cake and most of all, I love it alone.
- I enjoy the long and tedious process of measuring and mixing during baking. But I’ve been lately discovering so many things you can cook up in the microwave. Ever since then, the microwave has become my best friend.
I’ve tried this recipe out months ago, specifically one night when I was alone at home with my sister and we had nothing to eat for dinner. I made use of the microwave and whatever was in our pantry that time.
So here is my easy microwavable mac n cheese recipe:
Here are the necessary ingredients:
- CHEESE (All kinds, preferably cheese that melts. I used Quickmelt, parmesan, cream cheese) – I say put as much as you want.
- Seasoning (I used salt, pepper, chilli flakes because i like mine hot, dried basil and oregano) – It’s up to you how much you want to put!
- Elbow macaroni – About a handful per serving
- Milk – 2-3 table spoons
- Water – about a cup or just until all the pasta is submerged
*measurements are based on eyeing
- Microwave (of course)
- Microwavable Bowl (1 bowl per serving)
- mixing utensil
It’s easy !
- Just pour water in the bowl with your elbow pastas and place it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Check and see if it’s “al dante” (it really depends on how much pasta you put in)
- If it’s still mostly uncooked and all the water has been evaporated, add a little bit and put it back in the microwave for 30-60 secs more.
- Add in milk, and all the cheese you want. Stir and place it back in the microwave until all the cheese has melted.
- Season to taste.
*Photo taken around Christmas time.